Monday, May 29, 2006

Move on-there's nothing to see here....

I always have this problem when I have a three day weekend - rare at my job up here in the woods - the third day can never be planned. I allow myself to layabout watching movies and being with the dogs on the porch or in the water. Today is no different, but by the time I woke up it was already 85 on my porch temperature gauge and my neighbor was mowing the lawn with his tee shirt wrapped around his head, doo-rag style. I just scooted out in my pajamas and grabbed the dog food and then came back into my nice, air conditioned house. That's where I was to spend the entire day - in denial of the hot summer coming. Oh well, at least I didn't have to see any nasty terr--uh--I mean tourists today - that's probably how this holiday isolation started.

Oh, I did watch "Transamerica" and "Shopgirl" this weekend. "Shopgirl" was a beautifully filmed movie, but it somehow disturbed me - maybe because the story of the older man/younger woman (depressed woman I should say) reminded me of my past.
"Transamerica" was simply a good movie. Felicity Huffman was excellent as a transgender about to take that final step when s/he hears from the 17-year-old son he conceived (but never knew about) and has to go across the country to bail him out of jail. S/he then takes him on a road trip across the country back home without revealing to his son who s/he is. It is not a movie with an agenda, it is not campy - it is very funny.

I did take a nice nap wherein I had a dream that I was writing a story starting out, "Imagine if you were...." but then I forgot the rest.

I guess I want to write here regularly because it is good practice, but I don't always have things to write about - especially on days when I don't interact with others - be they man or beast.

No comments: