Tuesday, May 16, 2006

In the woods no one can hear you scream

I wanted that to be the title of "one of the books" I wrote someday. Maybe it still will be...

I thought of something so unprofound tonight, as I sat in my home in the woods, watching the finale of NCIS with the open window next to my head. As I watched McGee and DiNozzo discuss their boss's amnesia, I suddenly heard a noise in the background that sounded familiar, yet was out of place in the urban/office environment where they they were.Then I muted the TV and listened more closely, and heard the pair of loons that frequents my small lake calling to each other. One of the most beautiful noises I can here up here and I almost missed the opportunity as I was glued to the television. Of course when they were done I DID NOT immediately switch the TV off, throw it out the window and take my dogs for a walk, but the thought was a start!

So sad that sometimes I don't take time to enjoy the benefits of living where I live - where I always wanted to live - a writer's paradise where I don't write.....

Back to the real unprofound thought though - that after all my years living in cities, the country night in the spring and summer is noisier than any night I spent trying to sleep in a populated (by humans) area.

Well, that profundity begins the journey of my first blog. My purpose is to practice my writing and to get used to writing something other than what I write for my job.


No comments: