Friday, May 26, 2006

Fog Dog White Wonder

The Morning Fog
It's a shame that I don't have the time, during the workday morning rush, to go down to the lake with my cup of coffee and watch the animals as they appear and disappear through the fog

The Morning Dog
I have awoken every morning recently to the fog my big Newf Baci breathes in my face because I am sleeping "much too late"


White tail wonder
I have to remember to be careful on my curvy road, even when I am in a hurry to get to work, because the deer are out munching. I frightened one on the side of the road as my big toaster came around the corner and he and his buddy ran off in tandem – white tail at the same height, legs and leaps matching up. It was indeed a wonder.

White Collar Wonder
After a year in which I was convinced I would be "let go" because the job I had been half doing because I was the only one there that could do it was taken over by someone who was hired to do it and does it much better than I could (whew - long sentence!)I got a nice raise. It is because I am seen as a "go-to" person in the department now. I guess that is a good name for someone who knows a lot about the company and how it works and what the boss wants. And that people trust. I feel pretty good about it, although I am just now getting used to being old enough to have younger colleagues take what I say as the "truth". I still feel 19 and shocked that people actually listen to me and look up to me.

Hm

No comments: