Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Red Letter Day

Last Friday, on the spur of the moment, I was flipping through a dog magazine and saw this fantastic idea for a bowl that would ensure that dogs would eat slower. I saw a few subtle design flaws,including the material used and submitted my idea,called the Slow-down bowl, to a company contest we had all week I submitted it at the very last minute.

Well,today was our annual company picnic, where the grand prize winner was announced and I couldn't believe it, but I won with my simple design idea. The funny thing is that there were far better ideas in my opinion,but I guess I won't complain as I cash my "big check" at the bank tomorrow!

As I am finishing this up,and for the first time in 3 summers, I have a deer grazing on my front lawn as I am watching her! Of course I haven't mowed in weeks so there are probably some delicacies out there for her to munch on. How exciting!

No comments: