Monday, October 16, 2006

The fog comes in on little cat feet...

...and as I glance left on the little road I take to my home, I see a hint of a gray haunch with a bob tail disappearing into the darkening woods. It's fall, nearly winter up here in the woods, and the smell is almost as refreshing as it is in the spring, but the astringent pine scent is softer somehow, and more pleasant than I remember it a year ago.


The dogs are excited about the new smells - everyone is happier except my colleagues who know that this is the start of the busy season that won't let up until March.

I haven't written in nearly 3 months. A lot has happened. A lot hasn't happened. I quit the Wildlife Rehab Center and feel bad about it. Mark and Sharon are okay with it though.

Baci had a bad neck problem that gave me a scare.

I wrote two press releases for St Matthais that made it in the Lakeland Times and upped the attendence of the events I wrote about quite a bit.

I'll sign off now - gotta get used to writing in here again.

No comments: